This shipment of Surplus Beretta M1951 9mm pistols are original Italian made Beretta’s, that were imported from the Carabinieri according to the importer. This new batch of pistols is in much nicer condition that the last batch from the Italian Navy. We will update the pictures shortly.
This shipment tends to be from Very Good surplus to Good surplus with a few fair surplus condition mixed in. Scratches on the grips and holster wear are the most common signs of use on these. And there is definitely less grease on these than the last batch.
“Hand Pick” (our staff will select the cosmetically best one out of 10) Option is available for $15.00 on these.
The Beretta M1951 is a very rare pistol in the United States, and it is Historically significant as Beretta’s first locked breech designed pistol. This design paved the way for Beretta to eventually design and produce the famous Beretta 92. The Model 1951 was produced from 1953 to 1980.
The importer roll marked these pistols under the trigger guard, which was a nice touch. Check the pictures.
Always have surplus guns checked out by a gunsmith prior to firing them.
None of these pistols will be C&R Eligible, as they are not old enough.
Note on Finishes:
The majority of these Beretta Model 1951 pistols have blued finishes, some have parkerized finishes. Some of the buled finishes have turned plum color. We can not accommodate special requests for finishes.
- Original Beretta Production, not a copy!
- Beretta’s first locked breech design.
- Latter production steel frame design.
- Single Action only.
- Cross bolt safety.
- One 8rd magazine.
Current Surplus Beretta M1951 options:
- Handpick: Very Good surplus to Good surplus condition, some nicks and scratches and handling marks on the finish. Grips will have scratches and handling marks.
- Standard: Good surplus to fair surplus condition, some nicks and scratches and handling marks on the finish. Grips will have scratches and handling marks.